Software Engineer, Full Stack
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education, and finance.
At Pure, we're focused on combining the latest hardware technology (e.g., NVMe, 3D XPoint, RoCE, etc.) with software to deliver storage to our customers with a hassle-free service experience. Our tech stack spans low level hardware and firmware, Linux kernel engineering, user-space C++ for our products' storage data path, Python and Java for on-box management, and a full cloud stack (AngularJS, SpringBoot, SNS, SQS, Cassandra, RedShift, etc.) for global monitoring and deep insights from our fleet of storage arrays in the field.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems.
What You Bring to the Team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years of professional, hands-on software development experience with proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Java, C++, C, C#
- Experience delivering Enterprise products, especially SaaS-based services, a plus.
- Strong customer focus
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top