Software Engineer, DevTools and Infrastructure
Does working on a small team of seasoned software and hardware engineers, like yourself, to define and build an innovative storage product sound like fun?
This is your opportunity to make a big impact by joining a growing team working on developing an industry shaping product, FlashBlade. You are an engineer who loves to solve hard problems and build bulletproof systems software, especially real-time and/or highly concurrent systems. You will be challenged with solving many unique problems at the forefront of technology and helping to deliver mission critical software.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and build tools and automation to simplify testing and integration workflows
- Improve and extend our testing APIs and infrastructure
- Optimize the throughput and reliability of our Continuous Integration systems and processes
What You Bring To The Team
- Fluency in scripting languages like Python, Bash, Ruby or Perl
- Tools and automation development experience
- Strong familiarity with Unix/Linux; bonus points for DevOps/Sysadmin experience
- Experience with version control using svn or git
- Extra points for experience with Java or C++ development
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting systems like Nagios or Ganglia
- Experience with Agile, Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration methodologies
- Knowledge of storage protocols a plus
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows, VMware
- Experience with configuration management systems like Puppet or Chef
- 4+ years relevant work experience
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Job ID: #LI-NP1
Back to top