Software Engineer, Core Products
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the full benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Our Tech Stack
At Pure, we're focused on combining the latest hardware technology (e.g., NVMe, 3D XPoint, RoCE, etc.) with software to deliver storage to our customers with a hassle-free service experience. Our tech stack spans low level hardware and firmware, Linux kernel engineering, user-space C++ for our products' storage data path, Python and Java for on-box management, and a full cloud stack (AngularJS, SpringBoot, SNS, SQS, Cassandra, RedShift, etc.) for global monitoring and deep insights from our fleet of storage arrays in the field.
What you will be doing
- Design and implement creative new algorithms and technologies for high performance, high reliability systems (think six 9’s)
- Own and deliver innovation end-to-end, from concept to shipped product
- Analyze and solve challenging problems through persistence and insight
- Work as a team with smart peers who inspire you and who are inspired by you
- Make customers really happy, because that’s why we do what we do
- Learn a ton, whether you know a lot, or nothing about storage
What you bring to the table
- Proven design ability and the willingness to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment
- Experience in any number of related systems software projects e.g: Distributed systems, Operating systems, Linux Kernel, Database internals, Hypervisors, Containers, Compiler Optimization, etc...
- A minimum of 3 years experience using C, C++, Go, Java or related programming languages
- A BS degree in Computer Science; Advanced degrees are a bonus!
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Creating opportunities for individual development and career growth is important to us...
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top