Software Engineer, Core Products
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds has led to numerous ground-breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment.
Pure Storage was able to disrupt the storage industry in only 6 years by bringing to the market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The storage disruption is still in its infancy as developers have only just begun to realize the exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure array. We have opened a whole new world of computing possibilities for performance, scale, and massive data-intensive computing. We see a future of exciting new platforms and computing paradigms that will be enabled by unleashing the power, performance, and simplicity of Pure Storage products.
Today, we have exciting work across all of our product groups, including our flagship product FlashArray, the newly announced FlashBlade, and some ground-breaking stealth start-up products. We look for similar engineers across all of these groups - entrepreneurial by nature, who are interested in solving difficult systems problems of high complexity and massive scale, and motivated by the desire to create innovative new products that will have a huge positive impact on anyone who uses a data center.
What You Will Be Doing
- Designing and implementing creative new algorithms and technologies for high performance, high reliability systems (think six 9’s)
- Owning and delivering innovation end-to-end, from concept to shipped product
- Analyzing and solving challenging problems through persistence and insight that would make detectives jealous
- Working as a team with smart peers who inspire you and who are inspired by you
- Making customers really happy, because that’s why we do what we do
- Learning a ton, whether you know a lot about storage or know nothing about storage
- Having fun and painting the town ORANGE!
What You Bring To The Team
- The ideal candidate should have proven design ability and the willingness to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment.
- Experience in any number of systems software projects e.g: Distributed systems, Operating systems, Linux Kernel, Database internals, Hypervisors, Containers, Compiler Optimization, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years experience using C, C++, Go, Java or related programming languages.
- A BS degree in Computer Science; Advanced degrees are a plus!
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us, and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Job ID: #LI-BL1
Back to top