Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Analytics Group at Pure
We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way. The analytics insights help us detect patterns indicative of issues in test and customer environments that, when thus caught early, can avert negative business impact.
The analytics system under development is already processing 5-6 TB per day or about 300k log lines per second on a subset of internal systems. It’s able to do this in part because it’s leveraging our FlashBlade storage which has proven able to handle 16GB/s read throughput and 1M IOPS. The objective, with your help, is to be able to eventually process the ~6 million log lines generated per hour per array across thousands of customer systems sending us their live log output.
What you will be doing:
- Help define and execute the solutions roadmap in a quickly evolving analytics area
- Build a business critical and demonstrable solution using leading edge Pure Storage and Partner technologies
- Work with teams from other departments to leverage the analytics insights to gain insight across product lines in development and in the field.
- Help provide the foundation of a large-scale business critical analytics implementation that will serve as a case study leveraged in blog posts, white papers, and technical presentations to Customers and Partners (which team members can participate in)
- Gather business requirements, analyze source systems, define underlying data sources, quality activities and formulate transformation proposals
- Establish best practices for big data platforms that are scalable, enterprise data solutions and ensure that sound methods are used for quality assurance
- Develop data-driven decision support systems, while leading big data engineers to technical success by understanding and applying best practices
- Set and lead standards discussions among Big Data Engineers, Data Scientists and other Data Engineers
- Working in leading edge technologies like Elastic Stack (a.k.a. ELK Stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana/Spark)
- Develop distributed data processing tools (Hive, Presto, or Spark)
What you bring to the table:
- This individual is a highly technical professional with an in-depth knowledge of analytics products and solutions specific to the storage industry. Strong knowledge of both traditional analytic solutions and open source analytic platforms and tools is a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interpret performance data from operating systems and analytic platforms
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Demonstrated strong computer science fundamentals, including a knowledge of data structures and algorithms and solid understanding of math and statistics
- Deep understanding of programming abstractions and their utilization as you simplify and improve the codebase
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale software and service-oriented architectures
- System and Subsystem integration and test experience that will allow you to produce preventive solutions
- Strong plus if you have experience with 3 of the following: JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Hadoop, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Spark
- Data analysis and reporting systems like Kibana or Tableau
- Monitoring and alerting systems like Nagios or Ganglia
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID 772: #LI-NP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top