Software Architect, User Interface
We are ushering in a new era of user experience to the datacenter. The installation, configuration, and administration of the modern datacenter is increasingly complex and fraught with complication. That is, it was until Pure1. The promise of Pure1 is to bring an end to all of that complexity. Pure1 is management and support made easy and intelligent. It’s cloud-based, so customers can access their systems from anywhere, with any device. Backed by modern data analytics, it’s 24/7 proactive and predictive support, so we’ll be finding and fixing issues before users are even aware of them. And it’s SaaS, so users always have our latest innovations at their next login, automatically.
We are pioneering a fundamentally different way of managing enterprise infrastructure via the cloud and are looking for a hands-on lead architect with a strong track record of building web-based graphical user interfaces to turn our vision into reality. The UI Architect will lead the design and development for all User Interfaces for Pure1- This person will take a key leadership role in defining the vision for how users will experience Pure1, and drive that vision from a scalable architecture all the way into production. He/she will work closely with design, product management, engineering, and Pure’s leadership team to define and deliver the end to end the SaaS based user experience that will help us build on our industry lead in customer satisfaction.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, architect, prototype and implement complex large-scale graphical user interfaces for web applications and mobile apps.
- Design, architect, prototype and implement automated test and deployment systems for complex SaaS-based GUIs.
- Technically lead development teams.
- Work closely with UX and UI designers on new products or features/improvements of existing products.
- Investigate emerging technologies and make a case for their adoption.
- Ensure that modules and/or product(s) across your teams are consistent in look and feel, the underlying technology stack and the implementation methodology.
- Work with other senior technical leaders in Pure Engineering to make sure we are building cohesive products.
- Drive performance tuning, usability enhancements and test automation strategy
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
What You Bring To The Team
- Proven ability to think on your feet about complex CS challenges and understand the full software stack and the impact of architectural decisions on all levels.
- Strong, creative problem solver able to navigate through complex, sometimes contradicting requirements
- 3+ years in software-as-a service (SaaS) environment
- Proven capability technically leading teams of GUI developers
- Ability to thrive in a highly-collaborative and team-oriented environment and ability to check your ego at the door
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top