Senior Systems Administrator
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be instrumental in operating our Technology Experience Center (PureTEC), a global demonstration and training lab environment that is critical to servicing our customers, partners and employees. You will be working with real products that will be used to advance the state of the art, reusable production systems that will generate real revenue and have broad company and industry impact. We are looking for someone with 10+ years’ experience in administration and management of networking, applications, virtualization, operating systems, servers and storage, whether physical or cloud-based. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of system architecture, and experience in the use of automation frameworks, like Chef/Puppet, Cisco UCS Director, Qualisystems CloudShell and/or VMware vRealize Operations. You must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced cutting-edge environment.
- Datacenter automation wherever possible – build for scale – eliminate repetitive processes
- Network administration, including load balancers, routers, VPNs, core-edge switches, VLANs, subnets, security groups, network profiles, network address translation, DNS configuration, and Public/Private IP management
- Server hardware administration, including individual and chassis-based blades, bare metal provisioning, component level firmware updates, etc.
- Server operating system administration, including initial deployment, user account creation, network setup, disk management, back-up and recovery, system upgrades, management and monitoring, and development of custom scripts
- Storage administration (which in the case of Pure Storage, is incredibly simple!) including FC and iSCSI SAN configuration and boot-from-SAN environments
- System monitoring with industry standard tools, like Nagios, vRealize Log Insight Manager, etc.
- Follow and implement best practices with regards to data center operations
What You Bring to The Team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical degree
- 10+ years’ practical, hands-on experience in administration and management of networking, applications, virtualization, operating systems, servers, storage, and backup/recovery, whether physical or cloud-based
- Experience with large-scale operations, hundreds of hypervisors, thousands of servers.
- Strong understanding of system architecture, disaster recovery, and experience in software development as well as the development of automation workflows within frameworks like Cisco UCS Director, VMware vRealize Operations and/or Qualisystems CloudShell
- Hand’s on experience and proficiency in configuration and management of network firewalls, load balancers, switches, routers and VPNs from Arista, Cisco, F5 and Juniper
- 10 years’ practical, hands-on experience in installing and administering Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, RedHat Enterprise LINUX, VMware vSphere/vCenter
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, and shell, including use of GitHub and revisioning
- Ability to design, deploy and manage monitoring systems, whether Open Source or commercial, like Nagios, NetZoom Pro, Splunk and vRLIM
- Ability to carry out wide range of tasks both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Results oriented focus on the solution with willingness to find answers without waiting for others
- Initiative to take on challenges outside your comfort area
- Exceptional people and communications skills
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company parties, picnics, boat trips, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Job ID: #LI-SG1
Back to top