Senior Strategic Alliance Manager
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Strategic Alliances Team At Pure
Key to driving the business forward is the global Strategic Alliances team. We are tasked with creating and growing the Pure ecosystem and driving net new pipeline opportunities in connection with prioritized technology partners. We work closely with these partners, channel partners, and with Pure functional groups to enable and drive infrastructure solutions and application solutions across selected GTM plays. We inform and equip targeted sales organizations to win with differentiated customer value and market competiveness.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Alliances will develop and own the alliance and business development opportunity with selected Strategic partners (i.e., Microsoft, Citrix, and Oracle) in order to increase Pure solution sales. You will be the single most knowledgeable person in the company about your partner, its business, products, and markets. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Alliances, you will establish metrics and objectives for alliance performance alongside an appropriate resourcing plan.
What You Bring To The Team
- Results driven, customer focused, technologically and competitively savvy
- Demonstrated experience and relationships with the following Imaging Companies, GE, Agfa, McKesson, Fuji, Merge, and Sectra
- Skilled and creative business development manager with understanding for sales and ISV dynamics
- Able to influence sales and GTM team decisions and initiatives as subject matter expert
- Highly motivated and can work with minimal supervision and drive results independently in Pure’s hyper-growth environment
- Communications and collaboration skills to work effectively with and influence senior internal and external relationships across various functions
- High energy, highly productive with strong self-starter initiative and integrity.
- Exhibit high degree of creativity with a penchant for driving results.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Strong, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with storage and closely related technologies and applications and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
- Ability to set and manage priorities, budgets, and deadlines. Experienced at managing and delivering on time with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales campaigns within direct and channel sales models.
- 10+ years of total experience in high tech business development, relationship/alliance management, and/or technical solution sales & marketing with a minimum of 4 years specifically devoted to business development & alliances. Storage experienced preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate field-partnering opportunities and sponsor account/business planning events based on the overall alliance vision and operating plan you establish.
- Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams mappings and assure that teams are working together on a pipeline of opportunities.
- Work closely with regional sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy, aligning business goals, growth initiatives, programs and incentives.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate sell-to opportunities.
- Promote sales guides, lessons learned and success stories.
- Enable sales and technical cross-training around joint solutions.
Go to Market Enablement
- Based on overall alliance objectives and budget, establish and influence GTM plans involving partner and user group events, seminars, and awareness building activities.
- Drive equipment and solution demonstration placement in appropriate partner field and corporate labs/centers.
- Work with respective inside sales, field, and channel marketing teams on demand gen initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify and co-ordinate significant corporate projects or initiatives across functional groups.
Relationship Management and Alignment
- Develop and maintain meaningful, sales-oriented relationships and awareness with partner’s executive leadership, regional management and key account teams.
- Define and monitor key metrics/measurement for alliance performance, conducting periodic business reviews with stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities for the relationship, help execute operational activities of alliance, and facilitate conflict and escalation resolution processes.
- Act as partner’s ambassador within Pure.
Joint Solution Engineering
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Identify and encourage new opportunities for interoperability, functional, and performance testing/validation.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges.
Joint Value Asset Development
- Recommend and work with internal/external product and technical marketing to help produce requisite and up-to-date assets such as whitepapers, testing results, solution briefs, case studies, demos, web and presentation materials that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our engineers in moving around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top