Senior Solutions Marketing Manager, Cloud
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For four straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendor faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
What You Will Be Doing
Our Data Platform powers many of the leading clouds globally, spanning private clouds, SaaS, consumer clouds, and enterprise clouds. We are looking for a creative, energetic solutions marketing leader to take our platform to the next level, developing compelling messaging and positioning for enterprise/cloud architects and heads of IT. You will be a key member of the solution marketing team as we help world’s biggest brands and companies simplify and build their clouds.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a go-to solution marketing expert on multi-cloud, with deep understanding of private cloud, hybrid cloud, and public cloud technologies and providers
- Partner with product management and solutions engineers to develop world-class cloud solutions
- Channel the voice of the customer- understand the pain points and aspirations of cloud architects and heads of IT
- Create, define and own the content machine for solution messaging and positioning. Apply your expertise to all forms of collateral: data sheets, slides, web content, white papers, videos, blogs, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Present at executive briefings, analyst briefings, events, and webinars
- Develop sales enablement strategies with clear line of sight to revenue
- Show your creative flair with infographics, slides, and visual representation of messages. Create the ‘aha’ moment for your audience
What You Bring To The Team
- 7+ yrs experience in a product/solution-marketing role, preferably for cloud solutions
- Have an in-depth understanding of cloud, including business goals and pain points for cloud adoption by enterprises, use cases for private vs. hybrid vs. public cloud, cloud adoption phases, cloud pricing models, and key factors that contribute to a successful or failed cloud strategy
- Proven experience in developing compelling and differentiated product messaging
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories
- High energy, sense of urgency and passion with a “can do” attitude
- Creative and innovative thinking – willingness to take the risk, willingness to fail & learn, willingness to iterate fast
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-TG1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top