Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst is responsible for monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, validate and reconcile all revenue related accounts, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA, and in-depth knowledge of GAAP including expertise in ASC 605-25, ASC 985-605, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be detail oriented and hands-on.
- Ensure revenue recognition in company financials is in accordance with US GAAP, including but not limited to evaluating return rights, customer incentives, and multiple-element arrangements
- Interpret revenue arrangements, prepare revenue checklists, assess and summarize revenue implications, and document conclusions on revenue recognition treatment for all arrangements in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including cut-off procedures and preparation / review of auditable product and support revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations
- Maintain control documentation for revenue related processes and key controls
- Research accounting guidance and facilitate technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on accounting issues and its impact on company financials. Analyze and interpret accounting standards to support new business requirements
- Liaise with external auditors regarding revenue and proactively resolve all revenue-related issues
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA required including at least 3 years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- At least 3 years of public company revenue recognition experience highly desired
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant revenue accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP revenue standards and related pronouncements and experience in their application for revenue recognition
- Working knowledge of Revenue Recognition's Accounting - Familiarity with:
- SOP 97-2 as amended by SOP 98-9 as codified under ASC 985-605
- ASU 2009-14 (codified in ASC 985-605-15)
- ASC 650-25 (as amended by ASU 2009-13 (EITF 08-1) )
- SAB 104
- SEC SAB Topic 13
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Strong leadership skills and high degree of business and technical proficiency and judgment are essential
- Software and multiple element arrangement revenue recognition experience
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting and system issues
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels, functions, and locations
- Experience with NetSuite highly desired
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top