Senior Product Marketing Manager
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
We are looking for a creative, high energy Sr. Product Marketing Manager that will be able to effectively develop and communicate our product messaging and positioning to various audiences. You will own driving our product messaging and positioning, identifying technical differentiators and tying that to business and IT value, working collaboratively to develop product collateral and marketing assets for product launches and marketing campaigns, training Pure Storage sales and channel partners on Pure Storage differentiation, and evangelizing the value of Pure Storage FlashArray and Purity Software in customer and partner EBC’s.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define, articulate and communicate product messaging and Pure Storage differentiation with a clear understanding of the target customer/audience
- Develop product collateral for Pure Storage FlashArray and Purity Operating Environment. Collateral will include data sheets, slide decks, web content, white papers, videos, blogs, etc.
- Train Pure Storage sales and Channel Partners on messaging and differentiation.
- Lead product launches as the outbound marketing expert.
- Support marketing campaigns as the SME; define messaging for the marketing campaigns and develop assets (infographics, targeted messaging/decks, content copy blocks, etc.) as necessary.
- Evangelize Pure's differentiation as and when called upon as a presenter at EBCs
- Show your creative flair with infographics, powerpoint, and visual representation of messages. Create the ‘aha’ moment for your audience.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years experience in an enterprise product marketing role within the tech industry, preferably storage
- Proven experience in developing compelling and differentiated product messaging
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories
- Outstanding communicator and creative storyteller
- Understanding of enterprise IT needs
- Understanding of storage industry and storage buyer needs strongly preferred
- Understanding of business applications, virtualization, and/or cloud, and their dependency on storage is a plus
- Collaborates with others to achieve results
- Creative and innovative thinking – willingness to take the risk, fail & learn, and iterate fast
- High energy, sense of urgency, and passion with a “can do” attitude
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-CB1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top