Senior Marketing Manager, Canada
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Marketing Team at Pure
As part of the Americas Marketing team, the role of the Senior Marketing Manager, Canada is responsible to lead the development, strategy and execution of end user and partner marketing programs to increase awareness and generate demand of Pure Storage’s products and solutions. This individual will leverage the marketing strategies and programs created by the Corporate Marketing and Americas Marketing Teams and tailor them for the local Canadian market. Programs will incorporate tactics such as webinars, email, online marketing, advertising, direct mail, in-person events, telemarketing and public relations. Requires ability to partner cross-functionally with Sales, Corporate and Product Marketing, AR/PR, as well as our strategic alliance partners and reseller channel ecosystem.
What You Will Be Doing
- Owns and develops Canada’s marketing strategy, in collaboration and alignment with Sales Leadership. Strategize and execute marketing plans. Project-manage strategic marketing activities.
- Lead product launches and quarterly campaigns, including driving the brand direction in Canada.
- Adapt product messaging based on different target audiences, from actual users to decision makers, buyers, and channel partners.
- Collaborate with Pure’s sales and marketing teams to devise high-impact awareness and lead generation programs in all Canadian regions, territories, and customer segments of focus.
- Understands customer needs and messaging of relevant use cases for Pure’s products and solutions.
- Assist partners in developing demand marketing plans for identified Focus Partners.
- Drive adoption and utilization of Channel Marketing Program tools, incentives and programs.
- Regularly meet with partners and partner management to understand impact on current business and market trends and to ensure that programs meet their needs.
- Leverages customer insights to improve overall marketing results, targeting, segmenting and personalizing communications to attract, attain, retain, convert and upsell customers.
- Build, implement and optimize proven marketing processes including repeatable frameworks and models for effective communication with sales and channel partners.
- Analyze program/campaign/segment performance in order to optimize future campaigns to achieve and/or improve ROI
- Development of communications process to provide Field Sales and Channel with visibility to all demand-gen efforts.
- Manage local vendors for logistics, content, collateral & promotional items
- Responsible Canada’s marketing program budget, with an eye to further efficiencies & effectiveness of spend.
What You Bring To The Team
- Strong ability to define business objectives and translate them into strategic marketing tactics with the ability to implement them across a broad range of audiences.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adhere to deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and quality. Agility, patience and the ability to drive projects to completion
- Excellent comprehension of customer acquisition and awareness-building.
- Highly creative with the ability to originate and innovate ideas.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an emphasis on clarity and simplicity.
- Ability to work with a diverse team spread across the US, Canada, and Latin America. Flexibility to collaborate regularly with regional time zones.
- Proven ability to work well with all levels of management and peers. Understanding of inter-relationships of the business units and working knowledge of all sales and marketing functions.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- 8+ years’ experience in Enterprise/B2B high tech market, with experience in the storage space a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, or relevant combination of degree and experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Budget management skills
- Travel required
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top