Senior Director, Marketing Operations and Strategy
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Marketing Team At Pure
Under the leadership of Todd Forsythe, the marketing organization has over 100 employees covering Brand Marketing, Global Marketing Operations, Field Marketing, Communications, Events and Data Science. The marketing team is a group of fun, diverse people who strive to keep Pure thriving as a brand within the storage industry. Marketing is continuing to grow and offers a great opportunity for people to learn a wide variety of skills to propel their career. Come join us!
Pure is looking for an experienced and passionate Sr Director of Marketing Operations and Strategy to build a world-class function and lead the efforts in defining analytics, operational efficiency and scalability, strategic planning, marketing effectiveness and oversee total company pipeline across all routes to market. This individual will report to the Pure’s Chief Marketing Officer and should be an analytical thinker with a natural curiosity to map strategies and insights to actionable tactics. If you have a passion for the data/storage space and are looking to effect change, influence outcomes and move the needle, Pure has the opportunity for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provides dependable advice and consultation to the CMO, leveraging marketing performance data
- In conjunction with the CMO, collaborates with marketing leaders to achieve alignment with the corporate strategy
- Lead a cross functional team to forecast and monitor total company pipeline and define actions to address any variance to target
- Orchestrates the annual marketing planning process (e.g. milestones, participants, actions, templates, calendar), ensuring marketing’s goals are aligned with sales and product objectives
- Ensures impact-level marketing measurement and executive reporting on marketing’s contribution to the business
- Coordinates the budget strategy and manages the budget allocation and reconciliation process
- Ensures that marketing measurement drives performance review of key functions and campaigns on a global level
- Leads data strategy development and infrastructure deployment, including technology ownership and marketing process governance
- Gathers and disseminates internal and external marketing best practices
- Delivers effective change management and communications for technology implementation, data policy and process re-engineering within marketing
- Builds instrumentation to enable strategic and tactical data driven decisions
- In this role, you'll provide consistency and predictability to how we manage our business but you'll also be an agent of change and have the patience to do so
- Collaborate and partner effectively across various stakeholders throughout the organization.
What You Bring To The Team
- 10 years of marketing operations experience, ideally in IT infrastructure and data
- Experience serving, collaborating with and influencing executive management
- Deep understanding of sales cycles and product lifecycles and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue
- Deep understanding of pipeline management, analysis and action planning
- Experience in data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organizational alignment
- Experience managing, monitoring, and enforcing SLAs for lead routing
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting on health of marketing organization, including pipeline contribution, program ROI, customer acquisition/penetration and activity.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive individual who pull insights out of data and trends, along with action planning
- Keen awareness and understanding lead management process, technology, KPI’s across the marketing and sales funnel
- Ability to understand monitor and understand trends in marketing performance and plan actions with our field marketing teams to address any opportunity or variance to plan
- Demonstrated ability to build highly effective working relationships with sales, finance and IT.
- Project management prowess enabling timely delivery and execution for significant launch events across the team.
- Experience with progressive use of technology and data across all aspects of marketing
- Direct experience in leading BI teams, dashboard development and reporting
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top