Senior Analyst - Business Insights
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Business Optimization at Pure
What makes this team unique in contrast to other opportunities? Here at Pure Storage employees get a much wider exposure to strategy development and market execution. This team is closely aligned with Sales & Finance organization and presents strategic guidance directly to top management. Business Optimization works closely with product, engineering, finance, marketing and many other teams to develop partnership strategies, influence product vision, and establish go-to-market plans.
What You Will Be Doing
- Help our product, finance and operations teams to make data driven decisions by defining metrics and finding actionable insights from our data through reports and dashboards
- Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions
- Analyze large datasets and build SQL queries to create business models
- Document current data processes and provide recommendations to improve processes
- Use data modeling techniques to create forecasts, projections, and improve existing models
- Provide reporting and analysis for ad hoc projects
- Work cross-functionally to validate and review data discrepancies and ensure data integrity and consistency
- Develop new ideas for process improvement
What You Bring To the Table
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience with SQL and Tableau is required
- Background with Hadoop, Python, R and any programming language experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field - e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top