Security Operations Engineer, Pure1 Cloud
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer with a deep background in web applications security to take a technical leadership role helping ensure our cloud based manageability suite is the most secure in the industry. Leverage your deep background in cloud service development, security engineering, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, and secure authentication technologies as an integral member of our development team. You will work closely with cross-functional teams helping to design and implement the product end-to-end, from specification to ship, with a close focus on customer use case and both technical and environmental security scenarios.
Specifically you will:
- Conduct operations security reviews including Detection and Response, Identity and Access Management, Network Security, and Systems Security.
- Create threat models, test plans, policy and procedures ensuring security is front and center for services hosted on public cloud infrastructure like AWS.
- Design architecture, methods, and controls required to meet security, compliance, and audit requirements.
- Find and fix security and privacy flaws across the cloud infrastructure.
- Monitor and track progress of found security issues and maintain the history.
- Monitor system logs, SIEM tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Work with Pure’s Information Security team to correlate Pure1 logs with internal security events, where applicable.
- Develop tools to automate security testing and enable more efficient discovery and resolution of operations security problems.
- Respond to cloud operations security incidents and provide postmortem analysis to illuminate the issue, and identify causes, possible solutions, and preventative measures
- Maintain awareness of up-to-date threat and vulnerability profiles.
- Develop a protocol to assess reports of infrastructure vulnerabilities received from external sources
- Develop a protocol to inform Pure’s customer base of vulnerabilities within the platform
- Help define and evolve company-wide online security standards/procedures for large SaaS environments
What You Bring to the Team
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing stacks : SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Strong knowledge of AWS, with a security mindset, is critical to success in this role.
- In-depth knowledge of VPCs, ELB, Security Groups, IAM and ACLs
- Experience with SIEM products
- Experience in DevOps environments and maintaining security in CI/CD processes
- Experience with regulatory compliance audits and standards such as SOC 1 and 2, and ISO 27001
- Expertise in AWS CLI, JAVA and/or Python
- Good understanding of SaaS development and deployment process and agile s/w development methodologies.
- Ability to talk to developers in their language/lingo and coming to solutions that will address security in a less impactful way
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-AH1-EVR
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top