Sales Operations Analyst - Business Support - Eastern Region
About Pure Storage
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
The Maintenance Renewals team is responsible for closely working with Sales, Finance, and Operations, managing renewals, co-terms for up-sell opportunities, and supporting the company’s strategic SaaS-like renewal strategy & process. This position has WW responsibilities and reports through the VP of WW Field Operations. In addition to managing the WW renewals sales team on day to day selling and process activities, you will also be expected to act as the key liaison within the company working with the field sales organization driving renewals and the renewals process, our WW support organization and all internal operational roles involved with the company’s renewal efforts and reporting. This role will be viewed as a true value-add partner of the company’s internal groups and the lead subject matter expert of the renewals efforts for the company.
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Renewals Specialist you will be responsible for managing the proposal preparation, negotiation and administration of contracts for all public sector contract vehicles to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements and promote maximum benefit and minimum risk exposure to Pure Storage.
- Serve as the liaison with functional departments for the purpose of obtaining information on new business, participating in the development of bidding strategy and providing information on extensions of existing contracts.
- Acts as liaison for contract activities between the company, legal counsel and contractors/vendors to ensure proper flow of contractual data.
- Oversee and manage the evaluation and selection of vendors.
- Manage relationships with multiple vendors, keeping track of metrics and vendor performance as well as negotiating discounts on services and products to ensure consistency across all contracts.
- Administering and managing the companies Federal, Educational, State Government and Local Government contracts within the entire United States.
- Interface with Sales, Business Development, Operations, Corporate Programs, Customer Service and Finance.
- Develop and communicate process change and improvements to optimize programs and enhance relationships with necessary company external customers and internal support groups.
- Provide Management role for implementation of strategic program vehicles.
- Manage interface, direction, coordination and management of all cross-functional resource such as Sales, order administration, manufacturing and supply chain, Finance, etc.
- Serve as primary company interface with external Contract program offices, procurement officers, company management from multiple lines of business to communicate and drive company positioning, focus and direction for assigned programs.
- Manage existing programs to maximize company revenue and resolve customer-related contract issues.
- Establish and manage process for detailed reporting of contract programs.
- Support company partner efforts to act as Business Influencers including establishing clear rules of engagement and to facilitate and leverage team support to work with company field sales.
- Responsible for all public sector RFO/RFP submissions for Contracting Vehicles
- Responsible for timely update and distribution of all price lists (domestic & international)
- Responsible for maintenance of all public sector pricing updates
- Responsible for tracking of all activities on public sector pricing schedules (volumes, total dollar amounts, etc) that are necessary for quarterly reporting.
- Communication of available public sector pricing vehicles to sales.
- Primary point of contact to all Pure Partners on which Pure products and services have been added to their public sector pricing vehicles. This translates into negotiation/resolution on Pure's behalf involving both partners and contract holders within identified transactions.
- Identify, negotiate, contract and performance manage all contracts for the company in accordance with Pure Storage’s policies, guidelines, standards and procedures as well as regulations of any governing agencies.
- Work with IT, Sales Operations and other significant functional managers to assist and guide them in the making of informed decisions related to contracting for Pure Storage Hardware, Software, Services and Support.
- Proactively identify and analyze contractual issues in order to mitigate exposure.
- Administers periodic reviews of contractual agreements to ensure fulfillment of obligations and service level standards.
- Manages or assists with ongoing audits of vendor invoices to ensure accuracy of billings.
- Maintain appropriate levels of knowledge related to Contract and Vendor Management industry trends through training, industry related articles and trade magazines.
- Manage consolidation/rationalization of the company vendor database.
- Make changes in pricing and/or contract terms in alignment with SLAs.
- Provide key data for corporate roll-up reporting and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements, problem-solve, and produce results.
- Advanced computer skills required (e.g. Excel, MS Access, SQL queries.
- Strong customer service focus, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly, and adhere to priorities with minimal direct supervision.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top