Sales Development Representative
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Our Inside Sales Team:
The Inside Sales Organization is where our company mission begins. The ISO serves two critical functions: 1) increasing Field Sales productivity by establishing qualified customer appointments, and 2) developing future sales leaders for field assignments.
Pure’s Sales Development Program represents a guided path to developing sales expertise while offering career advancement through demonstrated achievement. This program includes new hire on-boarding, mentor program, ongoing product and sales training, and daily opportunities to collaborate with peers and experts in the industry. It emphasizes a high performance culture by establishing high activity habits, prospecting skills, writing skills, introductory call structures, sales and presentation skills. Inside Sales is a path to future opportunities for candidates eager to develop and invest their time, talents and energies in a hyper-growth, highly ambitious enterprise technology company firmly rooted in Silicon Valley and leading one of the most significant technology transitions occurring today: the transition from disk to flash storage.
Pure Storage and our Inside Sales Organization thrive on a constructive, encouraging culture. We work hard and play hard! Successes are broadly shared and recognized while responsibility for individual performance remains a daily expectation. Individual accomplishments are rewarded but collaboration and teaming is the lifeblood of ISO.
We have grown at records speeds and are looking to continue building our team of incredible talent with dynamic, ambitious energetic sales professionals looking to excel in their careers and help drive impact at Pure Storage.
We are seeking an accomplished Inside Sales professional for our growing market. This ideal candidate should have a proven ability to penetrate a targeted account base, create net-new opportunities, and exceed quota. The successful candidate will be bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic, professional, eager to learn and with a proven track record of succeeding. They are responsible for sales activities ranging from: prospecting targeted accounts, sourcing leads, qualifying opportunities, working with channel partners, and presenting initial virtual presentations to prospective clients and partners. You will be the first point of contact for prospects and will have a direct impact on the success of the company through your ability to effectively drive new business. This role is based out of Pure Storage’s Chicago, Illinois location.
What you will be doing:
- Prospect to identify net new opportunities
- Identify, qualify and set appointments for field counterparts
- Deep understanding and research on key target accounts
- Work closely with Field Marketing to develop outbound call campaigns
- Help progress opportunities as needed and directed with field AE.
- Handle project upsells and renewals as needed.
- Qualify and respond to daily marketing generated leads
- Help drive attendance to scheduled partner events via email and/or calls
- Work closely with Account Executive field sales to identify sales targets, initiatives and penetrate new accounts
- Work with Channel on outbound prospecting campaigns with partners
- Communicate early and often with Marketing on strategy, lead generation, lead programs
- Continually keep up with current storage trends, companies, news releases, and competitor news
- Daily use of sales enablement tools including but not limited to Salesforce.com, Discover.org Gmail, LinkedIn, Insidesales.com
- Approximately 5-10%travel for tradeshow events, Enterprise Briefings and customer visits
What you bring to the team:
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and penetrating net-new accounts
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize various sales-related activities and fluently adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate Pure Storage business value to varying roles in an IT organization
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Demonstrated ability to optimize performance and drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales, preferably storage
- BA/BS Degree required
- Ability to commute to our Oak Park office
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Back to top