Sales Compensation Program Manager
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
This role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Sales Compensation Program for a fast paced, high-growth sales organization. As part of the Worldwide Sales Operations team, the Sales Compensation Program Manager will partner with Global Sales Operations and Sales personnel around the tactical administration of the variable Sales Compensation (commission) plans. This role focuses primarily on program administration, with significant involvement in project-based activities, and will be largely deadline driven.
Specific, ongoing responsibilities will include the following:
Acting as subject matter expert and Compensation Consultant to assist Field Operations teams and Field Sales personnel in resolving any Sales Compensation-related issues
- Providing guidance and training to Field Sales personnel surrounding Sales Compensation-related processes, procedures and program details
- Processing and distributing Compensation plans for all sales employees, and ensuring that plans are executed per Sales Compensation Program guidelines
- Assisting Sales Operations with the administration of MBOs, contests, SPIFFs and other programs related to Sales Compensation
- Working with various Field Operations teams and Sales Management to gather sales data critical to the Sales Compensation Program
- Validating sales data for accuracy and consistency with the Sales Compensation Program guidelines, as defined in the annual planning process
- Coordinating with Field Operations teams to resolve issues and ensure data collection is timely and accurate, in order to meet critical monthly Compensation/Commissions deadlines
- Participating in bi-monthly, monthly and quarterly validations and reviews of sales revenue credits, commission payments, Compensation Program exceptions, and transition plans
- Working jointly with Commissions Finance to ensure commissions are paid timely and accurately each month
Additional, periodic responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
Participating in the development and implementation of the new Sales Compensation plan designs and processes each fiscal year
- Working closely with Sales Operations, Commissions Finance, Field Operations and Human Resources to implement improvements related to both internal and cross-functional processes
- Partnering with the Sales organization to continually identify and understand required enhancements to the Sales Compensation Program
- Engaging in various, yet-to-be-determined projects, related to both the Sales Compensation Program and Sales Operations, as a whole
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work cross functionally and build strong working relationships with internal departments. This person will be required to meet critical deadlines while maintaining organization and efficiency. Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability and attention to detail are essential. Teamwork and collaboration will be required.
Requirements include: BS/BA degree and a minimum of 8 years' Sales Compensation experience. A related role in a Sales Operations or sales support function may be considered.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top