We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What you will be doing
- Primarily focused on quality of PCB and system-level assembly and test but will also support mechanicals as needed.
- Perform regular audits and identify/implement best practices. Review yield reports and drive continuous improvement. Create and implement comprehensive quality procedures
- Maintain quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes, and finished goods
- Investigate failures and coordinate failure analysis. Determine root cause of issues and ensure corrective actions are implemented and maintained. Bring visibility to potential quality issues and follow through to resolution.
- Expect a considerable amount of travel. Primary location of travel is Shenzhen, China.
What you bring to the team
- BS in a technical discipline or relevant experience.
- Expertise in server or storage components such as SSDs, DIMMs, PCBs, PSUs
- Highly experienced in PCBA manufacture including SMT process and mechanical assembly.
- Proficiency with IPC standard is required
- ISO auditor and Lean Six Sigma certified is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers, or distributors
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and has experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills. Proficiency with generating reports in Excel & PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and proactive with the ability to work with limited direction
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development including learning skills outside of the job description
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles
- Demonstrates a passion and a responsibility for quality excellence
- Bilingual English/Mandarin required
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top