Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Does working on a small team of seasoned software and hardware engineers, like yourself, to define and build an innovative storage product sound like fun?
This is your opportunity to start with a blank slate and make a big impact as an early member of a growing team working on an exciting new project. We are looking for an exceptional, Quality Assurance Engineer to manage a fleet of high performance and large capacity gear in helping Pure achieve its next scale milestone.
Specifically this person will:
- Lead/Participate in the design and development of infrastructure, tools, automation & test beds for our feature and regression testing environments
- Triage and debug test failures across a multi-machine hardware/software stack and continuous integration automation framework
- Plan and execute new feature testing to assure qualification for releases
- Perform automated and manual testing
What You Bring To The Team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of hands on test automation development experience with ability and desire to learn new technology
- In-depth knowledge of end to end test of complex enterprise storage systems products.
- Strong knowledge of SW/HW design, storage and/or networking
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems: Linux, Windows
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Vmware, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of modern, end-to-end quality best practices, Test Driven Development, Data Driven Engineering, and similar concepts.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing and partnering with teams using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Patient, energetic and calm under pressure
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Job ID 779: #LI-NP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top