QA Engineer - Intern
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working closely with other members of the System Test team to learn the QA requirements and needs of Pure Storage (cabling, setting up blade servers, configuring switches, etc.).
- The team has two key roles:
- Traditional QA with every software and hardware release
- Replicating and testing customer environments
- Assist in the creation of test plans, test cases and other QA documents based on requirement specifications.
- Validate existing test suites to comply with the latest version of the application.
- Assist the team in testing the release to ensure that it will meet or exceed client expectations.
- File and track issues through resolution.
What You Bring To The Team
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in a computer science related field
- Interest in QA – Both hardware and software
- Car and driver’s license – Ability to drive to facility 1.5 miles away from main office
- Team player with strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of web applications, Windows and Linux.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Go-getter, proactive, and a team player
- Need to project clarity and comfort – Must have a “let me find out for you” attitude if you don’t know the answer
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Boot Camp training
- Executive Speaker Series
- Career Path Speaker Series
- Free lunches and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Team building events
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top