Product Marketing Manager, Service Providers
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
We are looking for a creative, high energy Product Marketing Manager who will be able to communicate effectively our value proposition to IaaS (hosting) and SaaS service providers. You will be the subject matter expert conceiving and developing innovative messaging and marketing programs that drive end-user and buyer demand. You’ll also work closely with our demand generation, channel program, and sales teams to build and execute GTM strategies and campaigns with requisite targeting, messaging, and enablement. You’ll work closely with our product management, solution architecture, and alliance teams to define leading product and solution roadmaps. In this high-visibility role you’ll drive Pure to meet its strategic goals to be a leading provider of cloud IT.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead and champion the service provider vertical across Pure (in all functional areas) in order to optimize Pure to reach and serve these strategic segments.
- Develop and maintain from IaaS/SaaS customers and analysts an intimate understanding of their concerns and trends.
- Conceive, develop and source solution-specific collateral for service providers. Collateral likely to include data sheets, presentations, web content, white papers, campaign-related content (e.g. infographics, case studies, content copy blocks, etc.), and enablement-related content (sales guides, battlecards, channel-specific pieces, etc.) as necessary.
- Present at executive briefings, events, and webinars.
- Support sales teams’ campaigns as needed.
- Train Pure sales, technology partners and channel partners on messaging and differentiation.
- Work with Pure marketing and demand generation teams to define and execute integrated campaigns with specific pipeline targets.
- Collaborate with Pure solution architects (tech marketing) and Pure technology alliance partners to define and complete reference architecture and solution testing to support your overall strategy.
- Collaborate with Pure Product Management and Engineering to define and prioritize product and support features to enable great segment adoption and preference.
- Work with channel marketing and sales to design GTM programs and sales incentive models to accelerate adoption and preference with IaaS providers.
- Learn from, and have fun with, top talent from a wide range of industries.
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ yrs experience in a similar role within the tech industry (IHV, ISV, or hosting service provider). Knowledge of the IaaS and SaaS buyer and market.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits.
- High energy and passion with a “can do” attitude. Highly collaborative. You are naturally proactive and inclusive of stakeholder feedback.
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories. Expert at creating effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis.
- Strong writer – concise, conversational, engaging. Able to create punchy short form content (think tagline or tweet) as well as structured long form content (think white paper or blog).
- Strong speaker. Again concise, conversational and engaging. Comfortable on stage with large groups. Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects.
- MBA or Masters degree preferred. Technical undergraduate degree (BS) preferred.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top