Product Marketing Manager, Converged Solutions
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
The Pure Storage Solutions Product Marketing team is seeking a Solutions Product Marketing Manager to lead our cross-functional converged infrastructure team as we bring multi-vendor solutions to market with core technology partners. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build a comprehensive messaging and go-to-market plan for converged solutions, including core messaging, collateral development, digital readiness, and solution roadmap. You will serve as the subject matter expert in converged and joint solutions, competitive positioning, and market intelligence.
This is a highly visible and strategic role within the PMM team, focused on a core aspect of Pure Storage’s business and a top corporate priority.
What you will be doing:
- Understand and communicate trends in the converged, integrated, and hyper-converged infrastructure markets
- Build materials that help disseminate this knowledge through Pure Storage and our partner organizations
- Work closely with and guide our channel, alliances, and core marketing teams to identify key routes-to-market and drive go-to-market execution both within Pure and with our strategic partners
- Serve as a subject matter expert for our solution product management teams as Pure continues to develop and refine multi-vendor and converged solutions
- Develop competitive intelligence and positioning to support our sales teams as they compete in this important market segment
- Create solution-related content including core value proposition, feature/benefits, buyer persona, collateral, papers, sales tools, digital presence, and other necessary assets for demand generation and go-to-market efforts
- Support our outbound marketing and events teams as they execute relevant campaigns and ongoing nurture programs to drive pipeline
- Evangelize the Pure Storage position, products, and solutions within our customer, partner, and analyst community Present in customer briefings, speak at conferences and events, give webinars and otherwise serve as the voice of Pure
What you bring to the team:
- 7+ years of experience in Product Marketing or Product Management, with a focus on data center technologies, including virtualization and orchestration/automation strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple ways, emphasizing both technical differentiation and business outcomes.
- High energy, aggressive approach to solution marketing with a bias towards action and great writing skills.
- A collaborative approach to problem solving and conflict resolution. The ability to foster in others a commitment to solution goals.
- Domain knowledge in converged or hyper-converged architectures is strongly preferred
- A background in joint/alliance marketing for multi-company go-to-market campaigns
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that continues to grow at a fantastic rate – the ability to work with changing and aggressive goals
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top