Product Manager, Pure1 Cloud and Analytics
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Our Tech Stack
At Pure, we're focused on combining the latest hardware technology (e.g., NVMe, 3D XPoint, RoCE, etc.) with software to deliver storage to our customers with a hassle-free service experience. Our tech stack spans low level hardware and firmware, Linux kernel engineering, user-space C++ for our products' storage data path, Python and Java for on-box management, and a full cloud stack (AngularJS, SpringBoot, SNS, SQS, Cassandra, RedShift, etc.) for global monitoring and deep insights from our fleet of storage arrays in the field.
The promise of Smart Storage relies on providing our customers with a simple, but powerful management experience. We are leveraging the best of consumer and cloud technologies to deliver the "Pure1" manageability platform across all of our products. What is Pure1?
Pure1 is a global, cloud based data storage management platform combined with a predictive and pro-active support experience. With Pure1 you can interact and manage your products from anywhere, on any device. We leverage the cloud to deliver a modern web and mobile interfaces, combined with the power of big data analytics, to deliver on that promise. The comprehensive simplicity of our products and our astonishing support have generated many loyal fans. Pure1 is a primary reason we've achieved a Satmetrix 2015 NPS score of 79, making us the #1 recommended technology vendor by a wide margin.
While we are extremely proud of where we are today with Pure1, there is far more we plan to do. We are looking for an exceptional senior level Product Manager to help build the strategy and drive the delivery of the next generation of Pure1- continuing our journey as the undisputed leader in data storage technology and customer joy.
What you will be doing
- Define overall product and feature requirements – future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for cloud based web and mobile management experiences and big data analytics,
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners - Interface with technology partners and vendors, both from the perspective of understanding their technology/product roadmap and influencing them to align with Pure strategy
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
What you bring to the table
- 8+ years of combined experience in a product management and product development roles, including 3+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen
- Deep, technical understanding of one or more of: SaaS, Enterprise infrastructure Management, Cloud application development, and/or Big Data Analytics
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving
- Proven track record of developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line
- Direct and relevant experience in a strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life, with specific experience in product line transitions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top