Product Manager, Pure1 Cloud and Analytics
Pure Storage is a fast growing, private company in the heart of the Silicon Valley, whose world-class engineers are disrupting a $15 billion annual market (and growing) for enterprise storage. Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. With over $470 million in funding from some of the most prominent venture capitalists, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from healthcare and education to the largest websites, financial institutions and consumer brands.
The promise of Smart Storage relies on providing our customers with a simple, but powerful management experience. We are leveraging the best of consumer and cloud technologies to deliver the "Pure1" manageability platform across all of our products. What is Pure1?
Pure1 is a global, cloud based data storage management platform combined with a predictive and pro-active support experience. With Pure1 you can interact and manage your products from anywhere, on any device. We leverage the cloud to deliver a modern web and mobile interfaces, combined with the power of big data analytics, to deliver on that promise. The comprehensive simplicity of our products and our astonishing support have generated many loyal fans. Pure1 is a primary reason we've achieved a Satmetrix 2015 NPS score of 79, making us the #1 recommended technology vendor by a wide margin.
While we are extremely proud of where we are today with Pure1, there is far more we plan to do. We are looking for an exceptional senior level Product Manager to help build the strategy and drive the delivery of the next generation of Pure1- continuing our journey as the undisputed leader in data storage technology and customer joy.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define overall product and feature requirements – future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for cloud based web and mobile management experiences and big data analytics,
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners - Interface with technology partners and vendors, both from the perspective of understanding their technology/product roadmap and influencing them to align with Pure strategy
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ years of combined experience in a product management and product development roles, including 3+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen
- Deep, technical understanding of one or more of: SaaS, Enterprise infrastructure Management, Cloud application development, and/or Big Data Analytics
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving
- Proven track record of developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line
- Direct and relevant experience in a strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life, with specific experience in product line transitions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
Back to top