Product Manager, Hardware
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define product and feature requirements – future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends. Work closely with the engineering team to build the products
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base.
- Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for enterprise class storage array systems
- Run beta and pilot programs with pre-released products
- Manage product positioning, pricing and forecasting
- Analyze historical data and identify areas of growth
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
What You Bring To The Team
- 7+ years of combined experience in a product management and hardware product development roles (ASIC, FPGA, Systems)
- Technical understanding of enterprise storage environments, deployments and use cases is a plus
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving
- Direct and relevant experience with a strong understanding and experience in: product life cycles and release milestones from concept inception to product end-of-life
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to work in a rapid paced environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus.
- MBA strongly preferred
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top