Product Manager, 3rd Party Integrations
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Pure Storage is seeking an experienced Product Manager to drive our 3rd party eco-system integration and interoperability efforts. The role will focused on key strategic integrations between Pure Storage FlashArray and 3rd party solutions. This Product Manager will have broad responsibility for market analysis, evaluating industry trends, building direct customer/field/partner engagement, and developing a comprehensive roadmap. The ability to interact with and influence cross-functional teams comprising of engineering, the office of the CTO, external partners, marketing/sales as well as executive staff is required. This candidate will be a key member of Pure’s product management team and the work delivered will be of high impact to both Pure's existing customer accounts as well as helping to bridge eco-system gaps that will help win key new accounts.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define overall 3rd party integration requirements and write requirement documents
- Define product integration strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Define interoperability roadmap and priorities, partnering closely with interop team to ensure FlashArray stays current with interop testing within key eco system partners.
- Interface with technology partners and vendors, both from the perspective of understanding their technology/product roadmap and influencing them to align with Pure strategy
- Drive requirements and prioritization around internal and external certifications/compatibility.
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners using and building integrations to Pure Storage Flash Arrays
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use.
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience in a product management role, including developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line.
- Deep understanding of storage and/or infrastructure management software, including all keys aspects of systems management and the operational processes that surround them
- A strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life, with specific experience in product line transitions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Light travel expected.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Back to top