NPI Mechnical Product Engineer (contract-to-hire)
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking a full time Product Engineer (PE) to work in our NPI Operations team; partnering with HW Engineering, Product Management and Operations. The PE will also need to have Engineering Change and product data (BOM) management experience. Provide technical operations leadership for the successful introduction of new products into the Contract Manufacturing Partner (CM).
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence.
- Assist HW Engineering in component selection and qualification.
- Develop the BOM structure within PDM tool (Arena).
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development and test of hardware.
- Provide manufacturing input to schematic, placement and route reviews.
- Design for DFx : DFC, DFQ, DFM, DFR, DFT.
- Evaluate technical readiness prior to release. Deliver TR reviews with cross functional team.
- Govern and control change orders and related documentation to meet customer and internal quality standards
- Manufacturer’s PCN execution and coordination, provide analysis and qualification resources.
- Interface/engage with Engineering, Platform Engineering, Marketing, Service Ops and CM Partners.
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing test engineers and debug technicians. Ensure that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training.
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the engineering design verification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
- Establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies.
- Manage release of New Products and manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO and deviation processes.
- Assist in early prototype testing and troubleshooting/debug to find root cause failures and drive back fixes to engineering or contract manufacturer.
- Debug complex system level problems and drive root cause analysis.
- Develop, document, enforce, and measure existing and next generation PLM processes
- Product Change Notification management and qualification
- Perform value engineering and Cost reduction activities.
- Develop manufacturing process and best practice documentation.
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ years as an NPI product or manufacturing engineering
- S. Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- EC Analyst or Document Control or Configuration Analyst professional
- Experience working in the data storage (preferred) or high tech industry
- Experience working at a large OEM/ODM and EMS corporation is a plus
- Experience working with Arena PDM
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs
- New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management process knowledge
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal direction
- Experience working cross-functionally in teams
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced changing business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Back to top