NPI Manufacturing Test - Sr. Software Engineer
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For 4 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consists of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop Tools, Tests and Documentation for new products
- Maintain and expand existing test infrastructure and framework
- Collaborate and assist team with automated test enhancements
- Integrate with existing data infrastructure and teams
- Provide direction to ensure team is using best coding practices
- Maintain test coverage, improve reliability, participate in code reviews
- Mentor and train junior engineers
- Identify and implement automation opportunities to improve quality reporting
What You Bring To the Table
- Minimum 5 years SW development experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault identification skills
- Advanced Python, BASH, and Linux
- 2+ years experience with a UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
- Demonstrable skill in designing, developing, and troubleshooting scripts (Python, Shell, HTML, SQL)
- Familiarity with PC hardware and testing methodology
- Test Automation experience
- SQL and GIT familiarity a plus
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or EE degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to successfully work in a rapid paced environment
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top