Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
- Deploy and configure scalable networks for rapid growth environment giving proper consideration for the hardware and software our company is already invested in.
- Support network issues at all levels from access to edge. Participate in the monitoring and planning of traffic within data centers as well as ingress/egress traffic.
- Working out of our Mountain View, CA office and data center to support our corporate network
- Frequent travel required to setup, maintain and refresh our domestic and international offices
- Administer switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, AAA and DNS/DHCP.
- Responsible for end-to-end network configuration, validation, and testing.
- Assist with network oriented security system setup and operation.
- Create and maintain diagrams and documentation.
- Build monitoring tools to ensure system availability, resource utilization and capacity planning.
- Conduct wireless assessments and triage.
- When necessary, perform packet captures and sniffing, data collection.
- Available for after-hours support, on-call, and perform maintenance.
- Have in depth experience as a network engineer for enterprise with administration experience supporting multiple data centers, and a global remote workforce.
- Security background and exposure a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Industry certifications a plus
- Experience with STP, OSPF, IPv6, BGP, IEEE 802.1(x) standards, IPSec, PaloAlto Networks, Junos, Cisco, Aruba WLAN, Infoblox, IPS, IDS, NAC, Cloud based VOIP/SIP
- Proficient issue/trend analysis, proactive problem avoidance, root cause analysis, performance and overall quality improvement and cost-savings.
- Experience working alongside professional services partners
Culture & Perks
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top