National Sales Director, Healthcare
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for an annual Booking and New Logo goal for the America’s Healthcare Business (Healthcare defined as Providers, Payers, and SaaS/ISVs) to be delivered by both dedicated Healthcare field sales teams and Enterprise/Commercial sales teams calling on healthcare accounts in their territories.
- Lead the development of the annual Plan for Success, and support the Corporate Healthcare team in execution of sales programs delivered to the field
- Set the overall Healthcare field sales strategy (coverage model, territories, quotas, candidate profiles) for Healthcare in partnership with the Enterprise and Commercial District Managers.
- Collaborate with field marketing and product marketing to develop, prioritize, execute and measure Pure’s healthcare marketing programs to overachieve the assigned business results.
- Insure ongoing industry training and skill development with our Inside Sales and Field Sales teams. Institute a consistent training framework that insures continual updated knowledge transfer of both information and skill development to increase field productivity.
- Manage, measure and communicate the Healthcare pipeline and forecast; provide executive view into the health and key trends in the business on a bi-weekly and quarterly basis.
- Insure Regional/District awareness of the relevancy of Healthcare to their success.
- Act as virtual Sales Strategy Leader for the dedicated Healthcare Account teams
- Build and maintain relationships with sales leadership at key partners and eco-system partners, with support/leadership from Channel/Alliances BDM.
- Facilitate shared common goals and objectives spanning Sales, Healthcare Marketing, Alliances and Solutions team. Insure ongoing and timely collaboration in the planning and execution of Healthcare specific campaigns, field events and trainings.
What you bring to the table:
- Program Management: Ability to effectively lead and influence a team of people who are not direct reports, and drive the team towards a common set of goals.
Field Sales Leadership: 10+ years field sales experience, 5+ years in Healthcare IT, 3+ years
- field Sales leadership experience.
- Forward Thinking: Ability to think strategically and make decisions based on what is needed 6-18 months in future.
- Executive presence – ability to present to an executive audience internally and externally.
- Strong operational skills- ability to keep multiple work-streams on track in complex environment.
- Analytical – ability to decipher trends and essential data, and present the information contained to generate action, required investment and strategy.
- Collaborative – demonstrated ability to effectively engage both internal and external resources on both short-term and ongoing projects essential to advancing Pure’s brand and business results within Healthcare vertical.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top