Materials Planning Manager
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consists of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and measure the materials planning process by conducting detail analysis of inputs and outputs of qualitative and quantitative data to ensure no shortages/excess of materials pipeline to support company build plan by product family, and prioritization information.
- Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that materials are right-sized by location, quantity and timing.
- Manage materials planning from NPI to Production to ensure no gap of materials between NPI and Production including Inventory management.
- Develop a process to generate and measure the materials forecast as well as supply/demand management for key component level forecasting such as NAND, SSD, DRAM, CPU, etc…
- Ensure that Planning Team is trained and effectively utilizing ERP tools.
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate materials risk.
- Help to identify materials disposition and minimize E&O due to ECOs, deviations and product transitions.
- Kinaxis Planning Tool Super User
What You Bring To the Table
- A good team player to bring change to the complex organization
- Considerable knowledge of industry related materials planning, supply base.
- Skilled in production and supplier scheduling and knowledgeable of supplier processes and capabilities.
- Good knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and good experience using ERP, Planning tools (Kinaxis)
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within all levels of the organization
- Superb interpersonal skills and team playing attitude to work in a cross functional & collaborative environment.
- BA/BS Degree or its equivalent in relevant area – Supply Chain/Manufacturing Operations, Business, Economics, Engineering, etc.
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top