Manufacturing Hardware Test Engineer
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consists of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
- Bring up and design all new test infrastructure framework and tools in the production environment
- Assist CM test engineers with debugging boards as needed
- Experience with Oscilloscope, PCIE analyzer, and the ability to measure setup and hold times
- Lead team meetings with CM to review failures
- Document debug processes and provide TOI sessions to introduce new architecture
- Own and enhance existing test infrastructure and framework end-to-end
- Be a key contributor for documentation improvements and test infrastructure processes
- Write test scripts (bash/python) to help with triage automation
- Work with team in Mountain View to help introduce new products to production
- Analyze and solve challenging problems through persistence and insight
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years Component level debug skills
- Familiarity with x86 platform
- Background with Python, Bash, and SQL
- 5+ years experience with a UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
- BSEE or MSEE degree a plus
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top