Manager, System Engineering - SLED
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief in a better way; that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building technology infrastructure today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
This position is responsible for managing a team of SLED Systems Engineers in the Americas territory and their technical selling responsibilities for major account opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Work closely with Engineering, Field Chief Technology Officers and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Oversee the Operational Execution of a geographically dispersed group of SE's in the SLED vertical.
- Creatively and collaboratively build and execute go to market programs with Sales teams, alliance/reseller partners.
- Assist all System Engineers in teaming up with their Sales Rep to develop and grow assigned territory leveraging both reseller channels and direct customer contracts.
- Recruiting, hiring and performance evaluations of the SE team.
- Work with the VP of Worldwide Technical Field Operations, SE Director and the SE Operations Director to address operational issues, skill-set gaps, training opportunities and participation challenges among the Americas SE organization.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success & Services organization to ensure the right services (Implementation, Integration, Service Account Management, etc.) are positioned with the right customer accounts.
What You Bring To The Team
- Inspirational Leadership, positive energy, optimism and vision.
- Ability to lead in an unstructured environment.
- 8 -10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers. With a demonstrated understanding of the SLED infrastructure market.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentation
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Knowledge of Naspo ValuePoint and other Government contracting agencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We still approach our job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire people who want to be part of creating a better experience for their customers and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- The ability to continue to transform and shape the infrastructure industry.
Job ID: #LI-CA1
Back to top