We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve as legal partner to internal clients such as Sales, Channel, Strategic Alliances, Customer Care, Operations, Procurement, Facilities and other business teams to implement legal policies and advise on a wide variety of legal issues and go-to-market strategies.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of agreements including sales contracts and evaluation, distribution, technology licensing, OEM, marketing, facilities, service agreements and other strategic agreements.
- Provide general legal support for the sales organization to drive revenue acquisition, advising on all aspects of the development, marketing and sale of hardware products and software licensing.
- Identify risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in transactions.
- Manage and coordinate the contract lifecycle process, creating the necessary contract templates, playbooks, training and other process improvement tools to enable and empower the business teams.
- Implement process-related improvements to optimize the way we provide legal services to all internal clients and drive cross-functional alignment.
- Provide proactive Legal services and rapid response to requests for legal service from internal clients.
What You Bring to The Team
- J.D. from a top law school.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in hardware sales, software licensing, business development transactions, contract and intellectual property laws and legal matters.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and negotiate sales-related contracts (experience negotiating hardware sales preferred)
- Experience supporting a sales organization and implementing contract systems and processes.
- Background supporting channel sales in the enterprise technology space.
- Experience advising clients in structuring agreements for complex transactions and responding to such agreements from customers.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition principles and issues and their impact on commercial and licensing transactions.
- Ability to understand business objectives of transactions, identify related issues, and facilitate a risk/benefit analysis and advise the business team appropriately.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters in a dynamic and expanding business environment.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top