IT Helpdesk Manager
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
IT at Pure
Pure's IT organization has over 30 employees located across the US and EMEA, with a majority of the team residing in Mountain View, CA. The IT team is a core part of Pure Storage's company-wide daily operations, but they also know how to have fun! The team gets together for off-site events, lunches, and office Nerf-Gun wars!
Yousuf Khan leads the org as the CIO, and Dave Lavelle is the IT Manager; together they have built an amazing group of people who are proud to be part of the IT team!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading our helpdesk in their operations in all of our regions
- Creating, improving and implementing helpdesk procedures and policies to make sure our Puritans have the best internal support we can provide
- Coordinate and work with our Deployment team on employee life cycle operations and technology distribution
- Working with our Systems Administration group to automate and streamline ticket response
- Managing, coaching and mentoring our team of Helpdesk technicians
- Maintaining consistent helpdesk contact with all Purtians with open tickets
- Help improve automation in account, system and application provisioning
- Develop and document standards and a knowledge base for end-user support
- Coordinate first and second tier network support in conjunction with NetOps team
What You Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of IT Helpdesk Management experience
- Past helpdesk technician experience a strong plus
- Experience in working with a cloud forward application stack including Google Suite, Box, Okta, Slack and others
- The ability to manage remote team members both within the US and Internationally
- Experience using IT ticketing systems required; ServiceNow experience and administrator training a strong plus
- Familiarity with a wide source of hardware vendors and operating systems
- Exposure to scaling helpdesk operations at fast growing companies
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top