IT Audit Manager
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
G&A at Pure
G&A is an important front facing organization covering Finance, Legal, and HR. Each team is involved in unifying the business needs and propelling company growth.
Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. G&A offers a wide variety of career advancement opportunities and interaction with top Pure executives. These teams work hard but also know how to have fun! Pure is an exciting place to work, come join us on the journey!
We are looking for an energetic, sharp, and motivated internal audit or assurance professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills, passion for what they do and business process acumen to help design and brand Pure’s internal audit function. You will be a team of one on the IT Audit front and will design and execute audits, but also manage subject specialists as needed. You will also partner heavily with the broader Internal Audit team and business process owners to bring an IT control perspective to the discussion and solution.
- Support Internal Audit Director with the execution of Pure’s Internal Audit charter and Pure’s IT SOX Compliance.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing IT audits through technology and data analytics.
- Assist in oversight of (IT) SOX program; manage co-source testing team; monitor (and test) IT General Controls, and evaluate and conclude on control assessments; work closely with external audit to assist in quarterly and year-end control testing.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure Internal Audit is aware of systems or business process changes so that appropriate risk and control is addressed
- Participate in systems implementations to ensure proper control procedure is followed and control design is implemented.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in efforts to mitigate risks and improve controls.
- Design and execute discrete IT audits addressing.
- Assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to Pure. Assist business partners with the development of remediation plans to mitigate control weaknesses.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
- Possess an innate passion for learning (and teaching!) and enjoy working in a fluid environment
- Have a good sense of humor and balance
- Possess proven problem solving and analytical skills; detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude; a self-starter promoting project ownership and responsibility for actions; exhibiting project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet sudden non-routine and unstructured requests and investigations.
- Experience evaluating system controls associated with complex business applications.
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce a Big Plus.
- 8+ years of related IT audit, IT controls or applicable assurance experience; public accounting experience a plus.
- Minimally, possess a Bachelor's degree in management information systems, or related field, accounting, or business management.
- CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, or related certifications, in active status; solid understanding of Accounting Standard 5 and other relevant PCAOB and SEC guidance.
- Know what it means to be accountable.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top