International Trade Compliance Analyst
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consists of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage Ireland Limited is currently seeking an International Trade Compliance Analyst who will assist the existing Regional Logistics Manager in managing aspects of the company’s export / import compliance and traffic. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the DEJI/EU Export Regulations and USA Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Provide support for completing license applications and agreements
- Track status of export authorization requests through government channels
- Perform commodity classification analyses, including commodity jurisdictions
- Provide support for procurement-related activities
- Prepare export paperwork for shipments of hardware or deemed exports
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Prepare and/or revise compliance related procedures, desktop work instructions, forms and business flowcharts
- Ability to review U.S. Government import and export regulations, corporate policies and procedures to ensure company compliance
- Provide guidance to internal departments to ensure international business activities are conducted in compliance with applicable international trade compliance regulations
- Support import activity
- Prepare domestic/international shipping documents
- Assist in Intrastat Reporting
- Assist in Product Matrix of EU (Ireland) export/import classifications
- Support auditing, reporting, recordkeeping, monitoring, and screening activities
- Manage import and export transactions to meet the appropriate record keeping requirements of various government regulations
- Manage brokers, carriers and forwarders
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years’ experience in a government-related industry or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience working with Ireland, EU export/import regulations, plus awareness of USA EAR and U.S. Customs regulations
- Working knowledge of the EU/U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Export Commodity Classification Numbers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills
- Use of all Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal, and cross functional communication
- Ability to manage programs and drive resolution
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top