Internal Audit Manager
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
G&A at Pure
G&A is an important front facing organization covering Finance, Legal, and HR. Each team is involved in unifying the business needs and propelling company growth.
Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. G&A offers a wide variety of career advancement opportunities and interaction with top Pure executives. These teams work hard but also know how to have fun! Pure is an exciting place to work, come join us on the journey!
We are looking for an energetic, sharp, and motivated internal audit or assurance professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills, passion for what they do and business process acumen to help design and brand Pure’s internal audit function.
- Support Senior Director of Internal with the execution of Pure’s Internal Audit charter and Pure’s SOX Compliance program.
- Assist in planning annual audit plan; design and oversee/execute operational / compliance audits.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing audits through technology and data analytics.
- Identify and assess the effect of business process changes on the control environment, identify new risk areas and assist in recommending appropriate changes to the control environment.
- Assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to Pure. Assist business partners with the development of remediation plans to mitigate weaknesses.
- Oversee SOX compliance: partner with Pure management team to maintain and plan compliance program and documentation; partner with co-source team to plan walkthroughs and testing; evaluate and conclude on control assessments, monitor deficiencies and remediation efforts; work closely with external audit to assist in quarterly and year-end control testing.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in efforts to mitigate risks and improve controls.
- Participate in IT project implementations to assess impact on internal controls / business processing risks.
- Keep abreast with generally accepted accounting principles and te PCAOB and impact on internal controls environment.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
- Possess an innate passion for learning (and teaching!) and enjoys working in a fluid environment.
- Have a good sense of humor and balance; proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude; a self-starter promoting project ownership and responsibility for actions; exhibiting project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet sudden non-routine and unstructured requests and investigations.
- Experience with channel / distribution business risks
- Solid understanding of IT controls and SOD to assess impact on business process risk and control.
- 8+ years of related internal audit, internal controls or applicable assurance experience; public accounting experience a plus.
- Minimally, possess a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management information systems, or related field.
- CPA and/or CIA certification in active status; solid understanding of US GAAP, COSO, Auditing Standard 5 and other relevant PCAOB and SEC guidance.
- Know what it means to be accountable.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top