HR Business Partner - Engineering
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
The role of the HR Business Partner is to execute the people strategies which support the Pure Storage business objectives and values. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about their work, possess strong interpersonal and project management skills in a cross functional scaling environment.
This individual will already posses solid HR and business acumen and have worked in the function of Business Partner for engineering departments. This role demands working closely with leadership and technical staff to think outside of the box to develop people programs that align with our extraordinary culture, and help support our rapid growth. The selected individual will be able to formalize and streamline current internal processes, build internal business partnerships, create infrastructure around complex people solutions, and coach managers as it pertains to their business needs.
- Project based work around organizational development, performance management, learning and development, program rollout, and reporting.
- Coach all levels of Managers through people related issues.
- Create programs which foster sound employee relations and increase employee engagement and retention.
- Provide support to deliver company-wide initiatives.
- Partner with other HR functions and internal resources to execute corporate wide HR initiatives and client specific programs.
What You Bring To The Team
- At least 8 years of HR or consulting experience, with direct client support and management coaching experience
- Prior experience with a technology company required
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: employee engagement, performance management, learning and development, data and analytics, etc...
- Prior experience developing, socializing and launching successful people programs.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thrives in an unstructured environment and requires minimal supervision.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top