Hardware Engineering Manager
Pure Storage is a fast growing, private company in the heart of the Silicon Valley, whose world-class engineers are disrupting a $15 billion annual market (and growing) for enterprise storage. Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. With over $470 million in funding from some of the most prominent venture capitalists, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from healthcare and education to the largest websites, financial institutions and consumer brands.
Our engineers come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the smartest engineers who are the very best at what they do. We are seeking enthusiastic engineers to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking a technical hardware development manager to help lead product development and grow the overall Engineering organization. You will be leading a team of hardware development engineers in the creation of our product and will need to partner with software development, product management, QA, operations and external vendors. You will also provide the necessary technical direction and mentoring to employees on your team and others to achieve successful project outcomes.
In this role you'll get to learn and contribute to the process of developing great technology and building a successful company. Our open culture and transparency in both strategy and operations allows employees a deeper level of engagement in engineering and business decisions.
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2-5 years of technical management experience, at multiple levels while staying hands-on in development
- 5+ years of system hardware development and qualification experience with ability and desire to learn new technology
- Proven design, test and qualification experience with SSDs, storage subsystems, high-speed interconnects and enterprise-class hardware architectures.
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire product development lifecycle, delivering products to market on schedule, and working cross-functionally within engineering and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Enhance and foster an open, honest, communicative and innovative team work environment
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Job ID: #LI-RJ1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top