Hardware Engineer Intern
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
As a hardware engineer intern, you’ll be given an interesting hardware project that is outside the scope of your schoolwork for twelve weeks that will contribute to the success of Pure! Our intern’s work on real-world projects that will enhance your engineering skills, support your professional development and give you a taste of what it's like to be a Puritan.
What You Bring To The Team
- Currently enrolled in a B.S. M.S. or PhD program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field through the end 2017 or beyond
- Coursework or project work in electrical signaling, system architecture, digital systems, semiconductor devices, or design circuit design
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (Python, etc.), programming in C/C++ and test development.
- Experience with CAD, debugging, and previous exposure to signal processing
- Exposure to cadence systems is a plus!
- Knowledge of circuit design
- Experience working in a lab finding probe points, and with tools like oscilloscopes
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Storage experience not required!
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Boot Camp training
- Executive Speaker Series
- Free lunches and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Team building events
Back to top