Global HR Communications Manager
Pure Storage is building the data platform for the cloud era. Powered by innovative software and supported by a customer-friendly business model, our all-flash array drives are effortless, efficient and evergreen.
Customers like the San Francisco Giants, British Airways, Domino’s Pizza, Hyatt Hotels, LinkedIn, UC Berkeley and SoftBank use Pure to accelerate new data-driven applications, mining novel insights about their businesses, while substantially reducing costs, latency and complexity.
Our portfolio of all-flash solutions include FlashArray for structured data, FlashBlade for unstructured data and FlashStack – in partnership with Cisco - for converged workloads. All of our products are built on Pure1, our mobile, cloud-based data platform.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, consistently outgrowing our rivals. And we consistently see customer satisfaction scores well above every other company in the enterprise technology sector. Our financial results can be found here.
Pure Storage, which went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2015, offers an opportunity to work in a competitive, rewarding high-growth environment. We’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds - but with a single-minded commitment to building the next great data platform. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun - and we’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
This internal communications role will be responsible for leading strategic communication planning and execution for Pure, including enterprise-wide employee, HR and executive communications. The ideal candidate will develops and maintain ongoing communication plans that align with the company's people and culture strategies. In addition, the individual is responsible for advising the executive leadership team on best practices for the communication of strategic initiatives and programs. This role reports to HR with a strong dotted line to the VP of WW Comms.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans that support and enable the company's people and culture strategies.
- Craft a broad range of employee communications that align with the company's people and culture strategies, and disseminate to Pure employees, i.e. “Puritans”
- Counsels HR and WW Communications leadership on strategies for communication within the organization.
- Provide narrative guidance regarding change-management, enterprise strategy rollouts, company milestones, operating model and/ or organization structure changes.
- Ensure appropriate measurement techniques are used to assess communication effectiveness and continually improve processes, policies and delivery vehicles as appropriate.
- Play an active role in developing and contributing Pure HR and people related content to vehicles such as the company intranet, employee publications, global employee town hall meetings, sales kickoff and more.
- Maintains a comprehensive editorial calendar to enable strategic timing of communications.
- Helps develop communication to support and build awareness of employee volunteerism initiatives and employee giving (Pure Good).
What You Bring To the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business administration or related field or equivalent.
- 7+ years of progressive experience designing, implementing and managing employee-focused communications.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing employee communication strategies, intranet content management and collaboration tools, including both strategic and hands on tactical deliverables.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of program evaluation and measurement and use of workforce information.
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration and communication tools such as enterprise intranet content management systems and advanced application of standard office software such as MS Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective analytical and research skills.
- Flexible, quick-thinking, and able to prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented whilst maintaining an innovative approach.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade game
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top