Global HR Communications Manager
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
This internal communications role will be responsible for leading strategic communication planning and execution for Pure, including enterprise-wide employee, HR and executive communications. The ideal candidate will develops and maintain ongoing communication plans that align with the company's people and culture strategies. In addition, the individual is responsible for advising the executive leadership team on best practices for the communication of strategic initiatives and programs. This role reports to HR with a strong dotted line to the VP of WW Comms.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans that support and enable the company's people and culture strategies.
- Craft a broad range of employee communications that align with the company's people and culture strategies, and disseminate to Pure employees, i.e. “Puritans”
- Counsels HR and WW Communications leadership on strategies for communication within the organization.
- Provide narrative guidance regarding change-management, enterprise strategy rollouts, company milestones, operating model and/ or organization structure changes.
- Ensure appropriate measurement techniques are used to assess communication effectiveness and continually improve processes, policies and delivery vehicles as appropriate.
- Play an active role in developing and contributing Pure HR and people related content to vehicles such as the company intranet, employee publications, global employee town hall meetings, sales kickoff and more.
- Maintains a comprehensive editorial calendar to enable strategic timing of communications.
- Helps develop communication to support and build awareness of employee volunteerism initiatives and employee giving (Pure Good).
What You Bring To the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business administration or related field or equivalent.
- 7+ years of progressive experience designing, implementing and managing employee-focused communications.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing employee communication strategies, intranet content management and collaboration tools, including both strategic and hands on tactical deliverables.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of program evaluation and measurement and use of workforce information.
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration and communication tools such as enterprise intranet content management systems and advanced application of standard office software such as MS Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective analytical and research skills.
- Flexible, quick-thinking, and able to prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented whilst maintaining an innovative approach.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade game
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top