FP&A Financial Analyst-Contractor
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
G&A is an important front facing organization covering Finance, Legal, and HR. Each team is involved in unifying the business needs and propelling company growth.
Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. G&A offers a wide variety of career advancement opportunities and interaction with top Pure executives. G&A teams work hard but also know how to have fun!
Pure FP&A is an important front facing organization covering G&A, Sales, Support and other critical business partners. Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. The FP&A team works hard but also know how to have fun! Pure is an exciting place to work, come join us on the journey!
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Financial Analyst for a contractor position. This person will be part of the FP&A group, reporting into the Director of Finance for Customer Support, Services & Operations
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for all Expense reporting, tracking, monitoring and providing recommendations for expense savings, areas for investment.
- Assist in building and maintaining various critical business and financial models for Revenue and Expense
- Ownership of Opex and headcount management focused on risks and opportunities. Includes monthly close, forecast and reporting of key metrics.
- Establish weekly & monthly reporting practices and necessary reports for executive level review
- Drive Continual Process Improvement leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business. Strong systems skills desired and experience with Anaplan/Tableau a plus.
- Ad Hoc Projects
What you need to succeed
- Advanced Proficiency in financial analysis and financial modeling
- Great systems experience in Anaplan, Host Analytics or similar financial planning systems with ability to create reports and dashboards.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast pace and ambiguous environment, simultaneously manage multiple priorities, and challenges the status quo to drive change and process improvements.
- Attention to detail when necessary and ability to synthesize large volumes of data and summarize into presentation/management views.
- Solid knowledge of financial fundamentals/systems/processes. Analytical and strategic thinker. Experience in software industry a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, collaborative, and strong team player.
What You Bring To The Team
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in a financial analysis role working in multinational high-tech companies (Hardware, Software, Cloud based)
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles and strong business modeling experience
- Knowledge in working with ERP systems including NetSuite, Anaplan, Host Analytics and Salesforce.com.
- Excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top