FP&A Director, Support and Operations
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
This director position will provide full financial support to our top executives from the Support and Operations organizations, to help them arrive to informed decisions that will help maintain our world-class level of customer Support, as well as helping our Operations organization continue performing with the highest levels of effectiveness. Supporting our Support and Operations Leadership teams directly, this role plays an essential part in both short term/tactical and long term/strategic analysis, collaboration and cross-group coordination of initiatives, as well as decision making support.
You will also take a lead role in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly outlooks for these two critical Pure orgs, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and monthly close. This position will also assist with the collection, analysis, and consolidation of key financial information and operational metrics, as well as various special projects, recurring and ad hoc reporting.
- Provide outstanding financial business partnership to senior the Support and Operations leadership teams
- Develop and maintain a financial review rhythm that will enable a predictable and recurring process that delivers high visibility into the financial performance of the businesses to leadership
- Help Support and Operations executives manage their budget in the most efficient way by anticipating needs and influencing correct investment decisions.
- Identify, build, and manage key business metrics that provide additional insight into our Support revenue streams and cost infrastructure, helping in the optimization of inventory at our foreign stocking locations, and into our product costing, proof of concept units forecasting, while ensuring solid cash flow forecasting and tight fiscal responsibility.
- Lead all financial related initiatives for the Support and Operations organizations, while owning and performing the standard financial processes: planning, budgeting, forecasting, monthly close variance analysis for CFO reviews, ad-hoc financial modeling and analysis.
What You Bring To The Team
- B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- MBA required
- 10+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities
- Recent, relevant experience supporting Support and Operations executives as a finance business partner, preferably at a Hardware company
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Experience with cost accounting a plus
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Anaplan software a plus
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top