FP&A Data Analyst
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
This Data Analyst position will be part of our Financial Planning and Analysis team, and will assist in discovering insights and answers through the use of data analytics utilizing large volumes of data within different systems and data structures ranging from our Sales Pipeline progress and Sales Productivity, to Accounts Payables behaviors and predictions.
To be successful in this role, you must be a “roll-up your sleeves” type of professional that is eager to get deep into the details of data, dynamics, processes, and insights through efficient and smart analysis. You will drive and present multiple analyses and findings of the main drivers, trends, and dynamics of our business that lay hidden in deeply embedded data and analytics.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and provide analytical support for various areas of the business
- Identify and interpret key trends and provide insight on summarized statistical reporting results
- Recommend improvements to the data structure and ideas on how to optimize our data for ease of use and quick querying
- Participate in the development and implementation of process improvements
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed by executive team
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 1-5 years’ experience in data analytics or data science, or equivalent related degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Management, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Ability to analyze and identify statistical trends and forecast projections
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, and data mining
- Fluent in databases/languages such as Python, SQL, MYSQL, Hadoop/Hive/Pig, C, or C++
- Familiar with R, Linux/Unix, AWS, S3, or Weka
- Experience with Excel modeling and PivotTables
- Expertise with one of the following systems is a plus: Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo, or Workday
- Accurate attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Comfortable partnering cross functionally with all levels of management and strong relationship building capabilities
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Back to top