Forensic Software Engineer
Forensics Engineering Team
Is a Core Software Engineering team where the most interesting customer product issues are dissected and analyzed to provide our support teams with work-arounds and long-term mitigation strategies. We then apply lessons learned to our products and tools. The work is cross-discipline and each team member develops an understanding and expertise in many functional areas of our products and technologies.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead investigation and resolution of emergent problems that Product Support is unable to address
- Design and build tools to aid diagnosis of current issues
- Create next generation analytic tools that anticipate new problems
- Acquire a deep understanding of Pure's full software stack
- If you see a problem, you are empowered to pull engineers together and go fix it!
What You Bring To The Team
You already have a solid background in software development along with experience with linux, system administration, networking, and storage. A history of learning new technologies on the job indicates a strong fit for this role. Ideal candidates will come from Software Development, SDET or DevOps backgrounds. In addition, you may identify with some of the following:
- Natural curiosity, obsessive attention to detail and innate troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze complex systems and describe in simplest terms
- Experience with Big Data production environments
- Ability to speak and write without offending unless intended
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- We speak python, C++, and linux. What are your languages?
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top