We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking an experienced software/firmware development engineer for our device firmware team. You will be working as part of a small, but growing, dynamic team and will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing on-device system software for custom devices in Pure’s future platforms.
- Development for highly customized storage devices within Pure’s highly available storage platforms.
- Full life cycle from architecture through development, release and maintenance.
- Designing, coding, and debugging in C/C++.
- Requirements, architecture, and code analysis, software review, identification and implementation of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Implementation of highly customized software/firmware running on critical components in a highly available system. The firmware will manage configuration, component fail-over, discovery, power management, alarms, and HW event handling.
- Internal development automation (continuous integration, automated unit and regression testing, etc).
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Ability and the desire to work in a fluid, collaborative and team oriented environment.
- Ability to deliver results based on high-level objectives.
- Excellent C coding skills (C++ / OO design familiarity is desirable).
- Hands on experience with hardware devices, including design/requirements feedback, bring-up, debugging.
- Experience developing on Linux or other *NIX variant.
- SSD firmware and NAND flash experience is highly desirable.
- Good verbal communication & collaboration skills.
- BS or higher degree in CS or equivalent experience.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top