The Pure Storage teams come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We are looking for a self-starting, outgoing and fun Channel Systems Engineering professional with a proven ability to align with Channel Account Managers, train/enable resale and distribution partners and exceed assigned quota; as well as thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic technology environment with an exceptional sense of humor.
The Federal CTO role in the System Engineering Organization is an influential and prestigious role with impact at the field, partner, and executive level. The role is a regional expert who provides technical thought leadership to the top accounts/deals in the region, executes on technical discussions including company vision and roadmap, collaborates globally with Sales, Marketing teams to improve go-to-market initiatives and participates in the partner community as speaker, advocate, and luminary for Pure Storage.
What You Bring To the Team
- 8- 10 Year of relevant sales engineering/consulting experience selling into Federal clients
- Recognized as a tenured leader in the Federal sector, including creating passionate customer and partner champions
- History of Quota Attainment, excellent Sales Execution and cross-functional collaboration
- Successful achievements (personal, team or company) aligned Pure’s Company Values: Creativity, Persistence, Customer-First, Ownership, Teamwork
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions
- Thorough understanding of the U.S. Federal Government policies regarding Improper Business Practices and Personal Conflicts of Interest
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a S. Federal Government security clearance for access to classified information, and a willingness and ability to abide by regulations governing the use, handling, and protection of classified information
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations to partners and their end users in an effort to train and educate about Pure’s technology
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs in conjunction with partner teams
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- defining strategy on outbound vision for the product(s) and business models.
- speaking at larger conferences and group presentations.
- interviews and relationship building with analysts, influencers, and investors.
- engaging with Engineering leadership and architecture teams to influencing product road-maps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you bring to the team
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of progressive sales engineering, consulting or and business development experience within the Federal business sector.
- Recent experience developing and serving Federal customers, with a comprehensive understanding of the Federal environment, issues, trends and sales cycles.
- Documented experience driving revenue growth via the acquisition of new customers and the development of new sales channels.
- Established and well-maintained relationships within key focus areas including DOD/Intelligence, Homeland Security, Critical Infrastructure and Civilian agencies.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top