Export Compliance Specialist
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consists of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage, Inc. is currently seeking an Export Compliance Specialist who will assist in the company’s compliance matters and be an interface between Government agencies, freight forwarders, and cross functional internal organizations. This position is responsible for ensuring the export compliance of Pure Storage product and management of daily traffic ( both international and domestic shipments). This includes, without limitation, adherence to applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations pertaining to international trade; as well as ensuring compliance with Pure Storage corporate policies.
- Provide support for completing license applications and agreements
- Audits, recordkeeping, and export classification / transactions of internationally shipped goods
- Track status of export authorization requests through government channels
- Perform commodity classification analysis, including commodity jurisdictions
- Prepare and/or revise compliance related procedures, desktop work instructions, forms and process flowcharts
- Review U.S. Government export regulations (Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), corporate policies and procedures to ensure company compliance
- Provide guidance to internal departments to ensure international business activities are conducted in compliance with applicable trade compliance regulations
- Execute corrective actions in response to audit results and hold affiliates, suppliers, and brokers accountable for compliance
- Support investigations / due diligence, corrective actions and any associated disclosures
- Manage Record Keep Requirements in accordance to government regulations
- Implement business procedures, best practices and internal controls necessary to ensure export compliance and minimize business / legal risk
- Export regulation change management
- Work pro-actively with departments to prevent trade disruptions
- Prepare and verify export shipping documentation for ad-hoc and other non-routine shipments
What You Bring to the Table
- Working knowledge of the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), US Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Export Commodity Classification Numbers
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in international law or/& export compliance regulations is preferred
- Strong computer skills including ability to research transactions and prepare reports, perform spreadsheet calculations, and quickly learn new software tools
- Experience with international business transactions, terms and shipping documents (commercial invoice, packing list, export license, incoterms, HTS, COO, valuation, etc.)
- Background working at both detailed and strategic levels in a fast paced environment
- Possess a customer focused mentality, strong problem solving skills, and an action-oriented personality
- Ability to organize and set priorities, multi task, program manage, and build effective processes
- Collaboritive team player with clear verbal and written communication
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top